Sunday, February 19, 2006

My Tryst with Mechanics

It was the 1st sem at IIIT and I was just starting to let go off my inferiority complex. I didn't realize the jatka was about to come. Midsems started and it was the day of Mechanics exam and most of the fellow junta were writing seriously. I was having my share of "fun" trying to understand the questions properly and thinking others in the room were facing similar difficulty. After the exam, I asked Zigma (Nagma's brother, aka Hemant) how his exam went. He, with a sad face, said he would cross 5 marks (out of 50) with great difficulty. I believed him, consoled him and assured that he was in the right company, but later realized that I approached the wrong person. Marks were given and Zigma got 40+ and I got 17 marks (mostly because of the generousity of D.N.Reddy sir). Believe me or not, every diagram I drew, there were two force arrows, one with pencil and the other in red ink pointing in the opposite direction (sir patiently corrected my diagrams). It was then that I realized that Newtons third law holds not only in reality but also on my paper!

In the end, I was happy to receive the honors of a C grade and more importantly I found the right company with my fellow-mechanics-wizards (Pls, dont feel shy if u r one of those).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home